Update by importing datafile.
You can import external data into the database from menu
This is to save you valuable time if you had a description of your data in another format.
Warning! If the import instructions defined in the help are not strictly adhered to, you could have an inconsistent database, see unusable!
This tool comes only in order to save you time recopying an existing database, please still devote the time necessary for its proper functioning.
The import will be from a flat file text or CSV.
You are free to choose the field separator (for csv files it is the semicolon (;) for text files it is often a tab).
You can also specify the decimal separator used and indicate if the file contains a title line (thus avoiding the need to import).
The easiest way is to start with an Excel (or Open Office Calc), or are you paste content into the notepad, or you save the file in CSV format.
You do not have to move all the columns in your file, but specify no column in the import window opposite the respective zones. It is possible to reposition column values initials by clicking on the button “Re initialize”.
- Select the table you want to garnish with your data file by selecting the appropriate tab (item, supplier and customer)
- Check “Skip the first line” if it contains the column titles in order to avoid import
- Select the column separator (; to CSV, tab or other)
- Select the decimal separator
- Enter the column numbers corresponding to the values in your file, if the information does not exist in your file, type 0
- Choose whether, in the case of an update by import file you want to replace all the data in the row update or update the data in the file indicated
- Click on “View”.
The data required, optional, controlled or automatically generated by the same rules as when creating manual, see the relevant chapters for details.
Your data, before being imported into the database are verified and presented in a second screen to verify if the import is correct, and also to change what is still needed.